WHY CONFIDENCE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
What is confidence?
Confidence is the reflection of a person; how they are putting their opinions, views, ideas, efforts, with a positive attitude about his knowledge, strength, power, skill, and judgment. It does not reflect your quantity of resources, money, or power but it is a feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities, and judgment. It reflects the inner strength. Self-confidence is important for psychological well-being.
Confidence is not a heritable thing; it is built by hard work. People work hard for years, invest a lot of energy, cultivate the power to build self-confidence. So many people talk about the role of confidence in their success but not a lot of people are talking about how it is built. I have observed people who enjoy their work and shape their choices about their vision of the right place and feel happy and proud of their decisions. People with self-confidence do their work very efficiently. People see their lives in a positive light even when things aren’t going so well, and they feel satisfied and respect themselves. I also have observed a few people who have superficial confidence that is pseudo. This overconfidence is problematic and leads to failure. People with overconfidence believe that they can do anything – even without the necessary skills, abilities, and knowledge to do it well.
“Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practised, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” –Barrie Davenport
Why is confidence required?
Confidence is important if you want to put your opinions strongly, increase your convincing power, want people to follow you, be a strong leader, and increase chances of completion of work. It affects our personal, social, familial, romantic, business, job, and financial condition.
What are the conditions where a person feels their confidence is compromised?
- Lack of knowledge
- Poor information
- Low self-esteem
- Anxiety, apprehension
- Social anxiety/ phobia
- Experiencing guilt
- Wrong deed
- The basic personality of the person like an anxious personality.
- Perception of mishappening
- Fear of criticism, or feel that other people have more knowledge or confidence.
- Sensitive to criticism
- Many environmental factors
How UDGAM will help to boost your Confidence & Self Esteem?
Everyone struggles with confidence issues at one time or another in life. But when it starts interfering with your work, your social life, or your education, seek professional help. As mentioned earlier this is not an overnight phenomenon but it takes a long time. With some time and practice, you too can be a self-confident person.
- Identify and acknowledge the problem
- Analysis of positive & negative things in life, accept your strengths & weaknesses and resolve the problem areas
- Increase investment of time to know more about the subject, practice learning the subjects
- Analysis of the situation and stay positive
- Soft skill training, body language change, adopting a cheerful and positive outlook on life
- Don’t accept failure and get rid of the negative voices in your head
- Never give up or accept failure
- Don’t procrastinate; get things done at the right time
- Avoid perfectionism and appreciate what you’ve already achieved
- Do more of what makes you happy
- Stand-up for yourself and avoid other people’s perceptions
- Most importantly, monitor your progress
- Use criticism as a learning experience